Oh, hello! You must be here because you received a gift from me. That means (a) I love you, and (b) holy sweet Moses on a moped, I actually managed to get my holiday gifts out this year.
I thought you might like to know what you’ve received, and what ingredients live within the mysterious milky depths of this delightful skincare product you are about to spread all over your delicious body.
You may have received…
Skin Medic – Ultra-light medicated moisturizer for face and body (perfect size for travel!)
It’s Butter – Deep moisture for body and hands to help you weather winter (great for skin!)
Bubbletub – Extra gentle soaps for hair, face, and body (no more stinkybutts!)
What it do, nephew?
This is what I use for my daily face moisturizer. I also use it on problem areas where my skin might be irritated, like on bug bites, minor scrapes, etc. to aid in healing. Ultra light, immediate absorption, and won’t leave a film or tacky feeling after application.
Ingredients: Distilled water, aloe vera juice, *lotion base, rosewater, orange blossom water, **camphor
Moisturizing balm with pumpkin and olive butter. This is a very healing and nourishing blend that feels oily at application, but will soak in completely after a few minutes, leaving your skin delightfully soft, supple, and protected. This heavy balm is recommended for dry climates, dry skin, and wintertime. All essential oils I use are ethically sourced, manufactured using non-toxic methods, and are Phthalate free. (See Smelly Flavors below for more info about the scent you received.) Not recommended for everyday face moisturizer.
Ingredients: Aloe juice, *lotion base, olive butter, pumpkin butter, rosewater, orange blossom water, silk aminos, silk peptides, various essential oils (see .
This soap is made with saponins extracted from coconut hulls. It is super gentle, and can be used on the faces, hairs, and bodies of adults and little ‘uns, alike. You will love its silky, ultra-thick lathery goodness all over your fresh body, doesn’t strip your skin, and gently moisturizes. This product is lightly scented with Bay Rum essential oil. I recommend getting it out of the tub by sticking your preferred bath cloth directly into the top of the tub and running it in a circle to get enough soap. (For reference, I usually use roughly 1/2 tsp and it’s ample, once lathered, for my whole body and hair.) Septic system safe and biodegradable. Safe for babies.
Ingredients: Distilled water, aloe juice, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (coconut hull extract), bay rum essential oil
- Autumn’s Heart – an autumnal, foresty blend of clove, cinnamon, frankincense, and cedar. (smells: spicy, warm, woody)
- Barbershop – Bay Rum is the warm, nostalgic scent of yesteryear’s barbershop foams. (smells: sweet, clean)
- California – like a drive through canyons wild with lemon eucalyptus, herbs, and clary sage. (smells: woody, citrus, bright)
- CEO – Fine sir smells classy AF wearing this masculine wood oil, musk, and tobacco blend. (smells: like money)
- Cottage Garden – Take your tea alongside bright blossoms: lavender, chamomile, rose geranium, and green tea. (smells: floral, citrus)
- Hill Country – A man’s man blend featuring Texas cedar, clary sage, and musk. (smells: woody, sweet, masculine)
- Holiday Abroad – A heavy, deep and dreamy scent redolent with sandalwood, spice, and vanilla (smells: spicy, warm, exotic)
- Therapy – Eucalyptus, mint, and bay leaf give this an astringent, herbal scent that clears sinuses and brightens the mood. (smells: herbal)
- Vacation – Dream yourself back to that amazing beach vacation with Adriatic fig and coconut oil. (smells: tropical, full, fruity)
*Lotion Base ingredients
What I use; also, what the chemically bits do and where they come from. I use ingredients that are very gentle and should be suitable for most skin types, including extremely sensitive skin. While not all of the ingredients I use are organic, I use only the highest quality supplies from ethical suppliers and manufacturers, and those that will not damage your skin or cause deleterious effects to your health.
- Cetearyl Alcohol & Ceteareth-20 (fatty alcohol made from coconut that acts as stabilizer and solubilizer)
- Glycerin (plant extract)
- Shea Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Glyceryl Stearate (and) PEG-100 Stearate (a fatty acid derived from plants that forms a protective barrier on your skin)
- Jojoba Oil
- Sunflower Oil
- Phenoxyethanol (a vegan, organic preservative and anti-bacterial agent, @approx .5% concentration)
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
- Carbomer (a petroleum based product that has no known negative health effects, used as thickening and gelling agent)
- Sodium Citrate (the natural salt of citric acid, used as a preservative and anti-bacterial agent)
- Camphor – derived from the laurel tree, this is the “medicinal” scent you’ll notice in the Skin Medic lotion. “Camphor is readily absorbed through the skin, where it selectively stimulates nerve endings sensitive to cold, producing a warm sensation when vigorously applied, or a cool sensation when applied gently. This effect also induces a slight local anesthesia, and has an antimicrobial secondary effect.” (from Wikipedia) For these reasons, I use it in very small quantities in my daily moisture and as a pain relief component in my “medic” lotions for scrapes, burns, bites, and other minor irritations.
- Any item may or may not contain trace amounts of cat hair, and for that I both apologize and shrug with resignation. This is simply the cost of being friends with a cat lady.